Well, I just came back from my first game at the Chargers’ new home, the StubHub Center and I can confirm their new camera policy…so I got no photos with my DSLR (because I couldn’t bring one in) and to worsen things, my iPhone died on me. Apparently, I accidentally sketched something while texting and turned off the phone with the app still active and it drained my battery.
For me, it was a strange feeling, sitting there watching the game. I was fidgeting with my hands all game long, not knowing what to do with them. You see, for 17 years and more, I always had a camera in my hands and it felt strange with them having nothing to do…talk about muscle memory. And not being able to take photos of my beloved Charger Girls…strange feelings indeed.
But I do have some observations:
- Charger games will no longer seem like home games for the opposing team. There were plenty of Charger fans filling the stadium, unlike last year at Qualcomm.
- The StubHub Center has great sight lines and is a more intimate environment to watch a game.
- The food offerings are much better at StubHub Center, but there is no Oggi’s Pizza, which has been my standard meal at Charger games in Qualcomm Stadium.
- The Chargers cannot win with out Philip Rivers quarterbacking the team and, unsurprisingly, Cardale Jones is not ready to quarterback an NFL team.
And perhaps most saliently…
- The Charger Girls are still the hottest dance team in the NFL!!!
I can confirm for our readers that this year’s Captains are: Khaleesi…uh…Rebecca, Lauryn, Roxi, and Jenny. I don’t have any current photos of them, but here are some from year’s past.
Yes…that photo is from 2008 and Jenny has returned to the Charger Girls after a long hiatus and a stint as a Laker Girl. And she looks better than ever…here’s a pic from this year’s Charger Girl auditions.