Date: Sunday, October 2, 2016
Time: Registration Starts at 9:30am (Auditions begin promptly at 10:00am)
Location: Anthony Munoz Community Center (1240 W. Fourth St, Ontario, CA 91762)
The Ladies of Fury uphold a high standard of quality dance performance and community involvement to represent the Ontario Fury with professionalism on and off the field. During the audition process, applicants will be judged on dance ability, showmanship, physical fitness, crowd appeal, and individual applications. Final round dancers will participate in a group interview and display their own choreography highlighting strengths and specialties (music will be provided).
To ensure a professional and relaxed atmosphere for all participants, the auditions will be closed. No guests or spectators allowed.
- Perform at Ontario Fury home games at Citizens Business Bank Arena
- Participate in the annual team photo shoot
- Serve as ambassadors for the Fury organization as well as the Inland Empire Community
- Be a role model to young dancers and children in the community through Jr. Dance Clinics and various appearances
- Media exposure
- Possible travel opportunities
- Give back to the community through the Fury Foundation and other charity events
- Invaluable friendships and memories with fellow teammates
- You must be at least 18 years old by date of audition
- All dancers must have flexible schedules for rehearsals, games, and appearances starting immediately
- A total commitment is required to the Ontario Fury for 1 year
- Must be able to attend all Ontario Fury home games
- Must be available for mandatory mini-camp on Saturday, October 8 – Sunday, October 9
- Rehearsals every Sunday from 3:30pm-6:00pm
- All interested applicants should complete an application
- REGISTRATION FEE: $20 Pre-Registered Online or $25 Walk-Up Applicant (cash only)
- A 5×7 or larger (head shot or full body shot) photo is required (photo will not be returned)
What to wear
- 2-piece attire (crop top w/ athletic shorts or briefs)
- Skin colored nylons
- Jazz, dance or athletic shoes
- Hair worn down; Full hair and make-up
- All tattoos must be covered up
For further information, contact Dance Team Director, Lynae de Leon at Ldeleon@ontariofury.com. We look forward to seeing you there!
* * * * *
Editor’s Note: I have been covering the Ontario Fury and their predecessor organization, the Anaheim Bolts for several years now and Lynae de Leon has a knack of developing dance talent that make it onto major league dance teams in the NFL and NBA. This past season, four of her 2015-2016 Ladies of Ontario Fury dancers (Sativa-Skye, McKenzie, Lizzie and Kellie) made it to the Rams Cheerleaders, 49ers Gold Rush, Clippers Spirit and Sacramento Kings Dancers. And several others on that squad were finalists.
So if you are an aspiring professional cheerleader, you might want to hone your skills with Lynae de Leon and the Ladies of Ontario Fury.